Monday 5 December 2011

Wellingtons for christmas

Keeping my feet warm and comfortable in winter is always a priority and now I find myself bootless as I can't tell you how the last two severe winters damaged my boots. All I can say is don't go wearing your suede boots or leather boots in deep snow. When its snowing you absolutely need wellies which can leave your feet feeling cold but nothing two or three layers of socks or some wellie liners or boot socks can't take care of.

It's amazing how fashionable wellies have become. While out doing some last minute christmas shopping last year, I couldn't help but notice how trendy wellies had become with fun and funky colours and patterns or this stately looking heeled wellingtons, all simply gorgeous. Gone are the days when wellingtons were just for splashing through water on rainy days or tracking through mud on those muddy dog walking trails.

Wellingtons are so trendy now that they are becoming cool christmas gifts as I discovered last year when my cousin Penelope surprised me with one under the Christmas tree which I really appreciated as it was so funky. Funky wellies are so on my list christmas gifts for friends and family especially since it is becoming fashionable to have more than one pair it seems.. 

No comments: