Friday 6 September 2013

Betty Barclay's charming colourful collection

Kids are back to school this week and finally I feel that I can exhale.  As a child I always loved the start of the Autumn school term with new everything for school : new uniform, shoes, school bag etc.  It's a term of beginnings either starting a new school or University, moving up a class, moving into 6th form.  It's all about progress.  The only difference for me now as a parent is the financial pinch of kitting out children for the new school year.  What an expense!! And don't even get me started on the school shop crowds.  

Exhausted from my previous 2 trips to the school wear shops and high street uniform retailers, I decided against putting myself though that nightmare and ordered online from John Lewis.  I ordered their school shirts, school bags, swimsuits, swim bags, back to school stationery and even needles (for sewing those annoyingly vital name tags).  Have to say John Lewis' order procedure is really quick and efficient and having opted to collect in store from one of their Waitrose outlets, I didn't have to wait around at home for delivery and I saved myself a few pounds.  My order was available for collection from 2 p.m. the very next day - really time saving 

Of course I had a little browse around for myself in the womenswear section as I always feel that I am owed a treat for just getting through the summer holidays with the constant "what are we doing today? where are we going? I'm bored!!! or the "don't book up my summer with too much activities".   The Betty Barclay Collection certainly caught my eye as there are certainly some very daring and colourful pieces in this collection like this Betty Barclay striped cowl neck top in 100% cotton - perfect to brighten up your autumn look.





This Betty Barclay animal print cardigan is reduced to clear at £19.50 and only available in sizes 12 and 14 so order now if you want your friends to be asking you "where did you get that". Animal print is always versatile,  never goes out of fashion and is always a fun way of expressing your wild side even if it is only by accessorising with an animal print bag



If you are looking for a new take on the denim jacket then this Betty Barclay floral multi print jacket is sure to brighten up with most outfits.   Again this floral print jacket is very popular and available in remaining sizes of 12, 14 and 22. Reduced to clear at £40.50


If you are feeling fashionably adventurous then the floral print trousers are available as well.  Personally I wouldn't wear them together but independently they will contrast superbly with white or any other block colour in the printed pattern.



No comments: