Wednesday 14 November 2012

Christmas partywear with a shine

First Lady Michelle Obama is not the only one who recycles outfits.  I do it every year especially at christmas time with all the festive parties with my name on it. More and more though I find that sometimes outfits that looked smashing one year ago are not as flattering now.  Maybe because I've put on a bit of weight or the novelty has worn off or maybe I've just gotten a little older and wiser -  I don't know.  Now I make sure and try on my outfits way in advance to avoid hitting the high street a day or two before a party to panic buy an outfit.  When I look at outfits bought in desperation I usually shake my head and wonder "what was I thinking!". But vanity masked as desperation can make us ladies do strange things.

I especially want to get it right for the office party so no harm in having a few backup outfits.  This year I want to stay clear of black party wear as this colour is simply starting to dominate my wardrobe as far as cocktail dresses .... so enough with the dresses. I'm going for a fancy top and casual trousers.  Less is soooo much more as this sheer metallic lace top with a lined body shows.  This look is simple, chic and so fabulously feminine with the ruffles at the neckline - perfect if you are going straight from work to party.

No comments: