Sunday 20 May 2012

Tribal prints and ethnic wedges

Everywhere I looked today I was treated to delightful ethnic and tribal prints in varying designs and styles. Bright and tropical colours were the order today as it was a whooping 24 degrees out today. Is this the start of a hot summer? Too early to tell really but no harm in getting your summer wardrobe ready in anticipation of those impromptu barbecues and holiday essentials not to mention the London Olympics which is sure to inspire some impromptu barbecues and "limes", to use a Caribbean term. A "lime" is simply people getting together to relax and enjoy each others company.

I am always amazed how once the season changes our clothes changes to match the foliage around us a bit like a chameleon I imagine as we take our inspiration from nature. While bright, bold colours is a unifying factor when it comes to fashion we can differentiate ourselves in the styles and prints that we chose to bring out the best in our fashion personality and body shape.

Ethnic wedges like these Lois Ikat print strap cork demi wedge however is an accessory that is totally missing from my wardrobe and something I simply must remedy as I am finding so many fabulous wedges in tribal prints to choose from online.  These chunky cork wedges are a great alternative if you shy away from colours and print or simply want to try your feet at ethnic chic and glamour.  So when I'm not wearing my gorgeously flat rose leather summer sandals I will certainly be lengthening my legs in one of these stunning wedges.

No comments: