Thursday 19 May 2011

denim dresses - the latest denim must have this summer

Denim is a year round wardrobe staple that we can all admit to wearing, be it a pair of denim jeans or a denim jacket. But do you have denim dress in your wardrobe? I know I don’t. The denim dress is the latest denim must have this summer and it does not just stop at dresses. Stella McCartney in her spring summer 2011 collection in addition to a denim section of tunics and shorts has produced 70’s style A-line skirts which you can team with soft blouses like silk and denim blazers in boxy shapes to create the ideal work wear this summer.


Stella McCartney boxy shape denim dress spring summer 2011

While the boxy shapes do not appeal to me, I am already reaching for my brown leather belt and metallic brown leather sandals to complete the look. Copper jewellery really contrasts well with the denim look so I will finish off with copper earrings and maybe be a copper necklace or bracelet depending on which denim dress I choose and the occasion of course.  Here's my short-list of denim dresses from La Redoute.


It's summer so you can keep it cool with this lightweight denim dress with contrasting seaming to create a fantastic figure-hugging effect.  What I especially like about this dress is that it can be both dressy or casual depending on your accessories. My copper cuff bracelet and oval leather handbag is great for a casual look.  For a more dressy occasion my Peruvian silver jewellery necklace and earrings set and blue coral ring will be ideal. 



stunning blue coral silver ring (adjustable)


You can create a very relaxed and laid back look with this Safari-Style Denim Dress.  A new take on your regular denim shirt dress and stylishly accessorised with brown leather belt and neck scarf.  I would only need a pair of copper earrings to complete this look.



I'm really liking this last look though I would prefer the wedged sandals shown above instead of the boots. Another ultra light softly flared denim dress accentuated with a crochet inset at the neckline.  A fabulous combination of two key trends this summer the crochet trend and the denim dress trend. 





No comments: